Asset Management One is proud to announce that its subsidiary company Asset Management One USA Inc.（”AM-One USA"）completed a corporate merger on January 1, 2020（EST). AM-One USA acquired all interests in Mizuho Alternative Investments, LLC (“MAI”) from MAI’s parent company Mizuho Americas LLC (Bank Holding Company of Mizuho Financial Group) with AM-One USA being the surviving entity. MAI was founded in 2007 and based in New York as part of the asset management business of Mizuho Financial Group and has been providing products with focus on quantitative investment strategies.
Building on this opportunity, we will further strengthen our quantitative investment function as AM-One group between Tokyo and New York and continue to respond to the diverse needs of our clients.
Overview of New company:
- Company name: Asset Management One USA Inc.
- Principal place of business: 757 Third Avenue, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10017, USA
- Co-President & CEO: Tetsuji Toda, Akito Yanagihara
- Principal Business: Investment advisory
- Date of Establishment: June 3, 1994
- Number of employees (as of January 1, 2020) Approximately 50 employees
- Asset under management:* (as of September 30, 2019) Approximately 9 billion USD（Breakdown：AM-One USA / Around 8 billion USD, MAI / Around 1 billion USD）
*The assets under management (“AUM”) noted above is based upon the standards of figures published by the Japan Investment Trusts Association and the Japan Investment Advisers Association. It is not regulatory AUM as defined by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or AUM used in marketing materials of AM-One USA or MAI.
*As of September 30, 2019.